Skip to content

General

Please submit one idea at a time. If your idea already exists, vote on it rather than submitting a new idea. If there’s something specific you’d like to mention, add a comment. This helps us quickly see what ideas are most important to our users. Thanks for your feedback!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

190 results found

1. Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

2,590 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add Google Drive as a Cloud Backup Option

Support for Google Drive storage via cloud backup.

1,592 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Support for Google Drive is now available for everyone on Google Play, along with a major update to cloud backup! Backups are now created at the note level, meaning only the notes that were created or edited since the last backup will be uploaded to Drive. As a result, backups are now MUCH faster and can easily resume after being interrupted.

This has been a long time coming, so thanks for your patience. Please try it out and let us know if you have any feedback!

3. Organize pages

Would be nice to organize pages like delete a single page, move a page in front of other, and so on

1,131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now easily view all pages in a note by tapping the current page number while in a note!

From this screen you can long press a page, then drag and drop to move the page anywhere in the note.

You can also bulk delete pages in a note by long pressing a page, then tap any additional pages you want to delete, then tap the delete button in the action bar at the top.

In addition, you can clear the current page, select everything on the current page, delete the current page, and insert a page or PDF before or after the current page by long pressing on the current page number.

We’ll continue to add functionality to the page management screen, such as making it easier to insert pages and PDFs, as well as duplicating pages. Stay tuned!

4. PDF as background for markup

It would be nice if I could create a new note from a multipage pdf so that I could markup the pdf and take notes on it from within papyrus. Perhaps with the additional feature of allowing me to insert normal papyrus notebook pages into the pdf note for adding additional notes that there aren't room for on the original pdf.

837 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Finally! Support for PDF notes in Papyrus is here! We’ve been working on this feature for a very long time and I know all of you have been eagerly awaiting PDF support. We’re very excited to have PDF import in Papyrus 1.0 (available now in Google Play). Please feel free to continue to provide your thoughts and feedback on this idea or submit new ideas related to PDF import.

Thank you all for your patience!

5. Dark theme

Implement a dark theme, preferably black using grey text, as this can make a lot of difference in the battery life of devices with an OLED screen, because pixels get turned off when displaying black.

657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

🌑 Dark theme is now available in Squid10! 🌑

The Squid10 Preview is now available to everyone. Browse notes and folders in dark theme. Dark theme support will continue as we finish migrating all parts of Squid to the new Squid10 design (such as the note editor).

To enable dark theme, update to the latest version of Squid and tap "Try Squid10".

For dark mode in the note editor, we created a new idea. If you're interested in this feature, we'd love your vote and feedback.

6. Enhance text tool with text wrapping, direct input, and resizable text boxes

Need text input directly on page instead of the pop out input box. Also need text wrapping for smaller sheet formats for those who type as well as write notes. I would gladly pay the fee for that but not the current input

566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Text tool now supports in-line editing, text wrapping, and resizable text boxes!

When adding new text, the text is automatically wrapped when the cursor reaches the edge of the screen or page.

Pasting text from the clipboard also wraps the text at the edge of the screen/page, based on the current zoom level.

After resizing the width of a text box, the text always wraps at the edge of the box.

Squid 3.5.0

7. Better Home Screen Organization

It would be nice if the app opened to a home screen that showed your folders/notebooks, rather than your individual recently opened notes. This would feel a little bit more organized and easy to access for people like me, who use multiple documents under one "Notebook" for classes and the like.

452 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Support for Google Drive is now available to everyone on Google Play, along with a major update to cloud backup! Backups are now created at the note level, meaning only the notes that were created or edited since the last backup will be uploaded to Drive. As a result, backups are now MUCH faster and can easily resume after being interrupted.

This has been a long time coming, so thanks for your patience. Please try it out and let us know if you have any feedback!

If you're interested specifically in syncing notes between devices using Google Drive, please vote on this idea for updates!

9. Paste from system clipboard

This might also along with inserting images from the gallery and maybe even being able to use a keyboard. I would like to be able to copy something, (might be from a web page, a document, whatever) and be able to paste it in my note. I'd presume it would have to be separate from the current Papyrus only clipboard, but maybe not?

415 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently added support for the system clipboard! You can now copy and paste images and text from other apps into Squid, and vice versa (if the other app supports it).

If you’re attempting to copy/paste on a Chromebook, you may find that some things work and others don’t. Google is working on adding better support for copy/paste between Chrome and Android apps, so this will improve over time!

10. highlighter

highlight pen with transparent

377 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Copy/duplicate notes

Allow copying/duplicating notes within and between notebooks.

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Select Paper Color

I cannot choose the color of notes - only white paper.

Sometimes it makes my eyes sore - you know the eye pain from the brightness of the electronics.

If I can change even the color of the notes like from white to black, then It would be definitely great for those who spend so much time with ur papyrus.

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Insert images

Insert images from gallery and other sources.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow cloud backups to work on a note-by-note basis (incremental backups)

Currently, cloud backup saves one single file to my Dropbox account. If I have a few large notes (containing annotated photos, for example) my database can quickly get HUGE, and every backup session takes forever (or fails, very frequently). It would be great if Squid could do incremental backups so only new or updated notes will be uploaded to the cloud.

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A major update to cloud backup is now available to everyone on Google Play! Backups are now created at the note level, meaning only the notes that were created or edited since the last backup will be uploaded to the cloud. As a result, backups are now MUCH faster and can easily resume after being interrupted.

15. add numbered pages

Easily access page 72 without having to press the NEXT button 71 times...

Or a table of content of pages.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export an entire notebook at once

Right now you can export an individual note as a pdf, but it would be convenient if you could export an entire notebook with all the notes it contains all at once.

I would suggest exporting it as one giant pdf with an index that lists each individual note as a subsection of that pdf (with the title of the subsection being the title of the individual note). But exporting it as a folder with multiple pdf files inside of it could also work.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the ability to backup, export, and/or save to SD card

With the costs of micro SD card very cheap, this would be an option that would be of use to the average user.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Papyrus 2.0 is rolling out with the ability to create and restore backups locally to your device or SD card. Just open the Papyrus settings and choose “Backup and restore” then “Local backup”. In addition, when exporting individual notes to PDF, PNG, or JPEG, you can choose “Save to device” to save the exported note to your device or SD card.

18. Note 10.1- Multiscreen support

similar to s note multiapp/screen support. it would be also nice if it can be integrated into the mini app launcher in note 10.1

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make True Selection/Lasso Tool

Selection/Lasso tool should select only what has been selected rather than a rectangular area.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add new pages in an imported PDFs

I would like to write some notes when reading PDFs especially technical ones. There is almost never any space in the page as I would like to have. I would like to the ability to add a page either at the end or in between PDF pages to write detailed notes.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base